Position Title: Change Manager
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: Permanent (could be contract)
Languages Required: English/French
Bring your entrepreneurial spirit and your change management expertise to this Senior Change Management Consultant position in Ottawa (permanent ideally).
As a senior member of the Change Management team, you will play a key role in managing the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. You will be responsible for creating and implementing change management strategies and plans, both corporately as we all as at a project level, that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. Serving as a subject matter expert, you will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with changes that impact employees which will maximize benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
As the Senior Change Management Consultant you will play a pivotal role in helping understand and evolve the corporate culture to one that supports the corporations’ ability to drive and sustain large-scale change and to anticipate and adapt to an ever changing, high-performing environment.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Developing and recommending a corporate change management program strategy to support the establishment of an agile, change-resilient corporate culture
- Developing and applying change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative
- Creating actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Developing and recommending policies and procedures to ensure timely, accurate and comprehensive monitoring and reporting of change management activities
- Identifying and developing mitigation strategies/tactics for potential risks associated with the delivery of change endeavors
- Facilitating change and the management of resistance through the application of change management methodologies (e.g. ADKAR) in the delivery of innovative solutions
- Developing networks and building sound relationships, engages in cross-functional activities, and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues, and developing and applying change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative
- Managing the development of all change-related communications and marketing activities
- Preparing change activity reporting for input into broader Innovation and Change Management reporting to Senior Management and the Board of Directors
- Conducting impact analyses, assesses change readiness and identifies key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Managing and executing client requests for change-related support including facilitation services, workouts, brainstorming, problem identification, training and awareness, etc. in support of their business or functional activities
What We Are Looking For
- Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Organizational Behaviours, Human Resources, Psychology, or another relevant field and/or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- A Change Management professional with 7+ years of work experience, with an emphasis on change management organizational strategy, delivery and execution
- Essential qualifications
- Experience developing and executing a corporate-wide change management strategy and/or program
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of change management principles and methodologies (experience in ADKAR methodology preferred) Note: Certification in one or more methodologies considered an asset.
- Experience managing large-scale, complex change projects from planning to delivery
- Project management skills and expertise
- Advanced interpersonal, negotiation, communication, facilitation, influencing, and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in identifying and developing mitigation strategies/tactics for potential risks associated with the delivery of change endeavors
- Exception ability to translate vision and goals into specific strategies and tactical implementation plans, building change awareness across the corporation
- Exceptional ability to lead and motivate a team in situation associated with a high volume of work and client demands
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and team members
- Ability to deliver training and awareness sessions
- Change management certification (ADKAR preferred, others acceptable)
- Professional certifications in project management, process design, facilitation
- Knowledge of design thinking principles and/or experience in human-centered design
- Knowledge or experience with process improvement methodologies and frameworks
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Coaching and Feedback/ Commitment to Official Languages/ Communication/ Consensus Building/ Effective Leadership/ Focus on Results/ Forward/ Strategic Thinking/ Managing Change and Transition/ Organizational Know-How and Awareness/ Project Management/ Relationship Building/ Teamwork