Position: Oracle DBA
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: Contract
Clearance: Will need the ability to obtain Top Secret
The resource shall be integrated into a software development team and work with other DBAs as well as with other software developers and testers. The resource will also interact with Client staff for support and other reasons as required by this tasking.
1. Database Administration within a software development group. This includes tasks such as:
a. Database analysis and design
b. Database monitoring and problem resolution
c. Physical hardware analysis and design
d. Change control management
e. Performance analysis and tuning
f. Developing and maintaining application reports (against the database)
g. Implementation of database objects and interface software
h. Assisting developers with database access coding
2. Provide third level (and sometimes second level) database administration support for deployed systems.
3. Respond to ad-hoc system monitoring and/or statistical reporting requirements from technical authority.
- Degree or diploma in computer science or a related subject.
- 10+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA.
- 10+ years of PL/SQL
- Experience in providing 2nd and 3rd level database support in both Windows and Unix environments.
- Experience with scripting with tools such as Python.
- Effective English language written and verbal communication skills.