Position: Network Engineer
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: Contract
The Network Engineering team provides the design and life cycle management of the operational and development networks. This includes project management of the bi-annual Network Enhancements project, network design and support to various other capital projects, identified cyber security enhancements and ongoing life cycle support for the operational and development networks.
The Contractor shall, under the direction of the Project Authority, conduct the following tasks:
- Design, test, and document network configurations to address approved Modification Requests (MR).
- Write and execute test plans in a lab environment.
- Follow Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in team meetings as required.
- Provide monthly status reports detailing work accomplished, work in progress, work planned for next period, and any problems / issues encountered.
The Contractor candidate shall be a network professional with at least 3-5 years of experience in the following areas:
- Enterprise network architecture and design
- Troubleshooting in both LAN and WAN infrastructures, including QOS, Multicast and MPLS Networks.
- Testing and implementing Cisco based enterprise networks (switches, routers, and security appliances)
- Writing and executing test plans
The following would be considered assets:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Familiarity working in an ISO 9001 certified environment.
For more information please contact Kevin Ireland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-914-5994