Position Title: Capital Markets Operations Analyst Support
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: 6+ month Contract with potential to go perm
Languages Required: English
Security clearance required: none
- Consult with front office, back office, mid office and technologists through all stages of project delivery
- Perform requirements gathering, definition and documentation.
- Understand and translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- A strong proficiency managing real-time trading platforms in a Linux based environment.
- Integrate new application features with existing systems as required.
- Create and execute QA, UAT, Unit and SIT test cases.
- Appropriately and regularity communicate status updates to leadership and business partners.
- Support and troubleshoot Futures trading platforms
In terms of desired interpersonal attributes:
- Communicate and collaborate easily with a diverse group of technologists and business professionals.
- Own assignments end-to-end, from requirements gathering through solution delivery to operational support.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a team supporting & delivering solutions to the Global Equity Products team within the Technology & Operations vertical. You will be involved in multi-dimensional tasks managing complex applications that offer Equity and Derivatives Trading capabilities, including Algorithmic ETF Market Making. In order to be successful, this role will require a strong technical background and experience with managing platforms in Linux environments. You will provide support to this state-of-the-art critical business system through every step of the Project Lifecycle methodology in a fast pace trade floor environment.
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic and resourceful individuals who excel at solving complex problems efficiently in a cohesive team environment. This role will involve engaging a broad range of stakeholders across Front & Middle Office, Product Control, Risk Management, Project, Compliance and Infrastructure teams.. It will be a challenging career in an environment that values the quality of work and what you bring to the team. In addition to this, you will be involved in triage and escalation of issues, manage the operational needs from order initiation through clearing.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Strong written/ verbal /presentation /communication skills
- Strong experience in writing business requirements/technical specifications
- Strong experience in writing and executing test cases.
- Self-directed and able to work in an extremely fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Proven critical thinking ability
- Strong prioritization skills
- Strong planning skills (resource, strategy, business)
- Strong multi-tasking skills covering a wide range of challenges which are independent and distinct
- Experience with Canadian equity markets
- Experience in business analysis, requirements management and reporting requirements associated with project needs
- Knowledge of algorithmic trading platforms is a significant asset. Specifically Itivity products: ORC and Tbricks.
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol is a significant asset.
- Knowledge of back-office platforms and asset (Specifically Clearvision and GMI).