Position: System Developer
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Position Type: Contract – 9 months
Our Client is looking for a software developer to help them on a project with their system Engineering on a 9-month contract.
- Experience in software engineering and software development or maintenance for sophisticated application software systems.
- Experience in software development in Microsoft Visual Studio and C# is essential.
- Experience in Web Application development is essential.
- Experience in database application development and SQL is essential.
- Experience in software integration, software configuration management and software testing is a definite asset.
- Experience in Agile software development environments would be an asset.
- Experience in using IBM JAZZ toolset would be an asset.
- Knowledge of SQL is essential.
- Knowledge of Model-View-Controller architecture is essential.
- Knowledge of Web Services technologies would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of automated testing technologies would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of .NET framework would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of engineering policies, objectives, procedures, and work instructions relating to ATC Information systems would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Aeronautical Information data structures and formats would be an asset.
- Knowledge of fault tolerant and safe programming practices would be an asset.
Abilities and Skills
- Ability to design and develop software source and test code for large real time distributed computer systems
- Ability to satisfy operational requirements and systems engineering integration objectives by analyzing and defining user, operational and technical requirements and preparing appropriate system specifications.
- Ability to assess the applicability and feasibility of established and emerging technologies and standards related to real-time Air Traffic Management Information systems, to information systems objectives.
- Ability to control and manage the quality of software and system products, releases and modifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to define & implement practical solutions.
- Ability to analyze requirements and preparing appropriate system or software specifications.
- Develops effective and positive interpersonal relationships through respect for others, fairness, tact, persuasiveness, effective expression, and open communication
- Demonstrates initiative, integrity, balanced and timely judgment, reliability, dependability, thoroughness, service orientation and a positive attitude
- Self-starter, quick learner with good interpersonal, communication, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills/abilities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team to deliver robust and maintainable software on-time and on-budget.
- Promotes teamwork, safety, quality, excellence, achievement, responsiveness and continuous learning.
- Graduation with an acceptable degree from a recognized university or community college with specialization in computer science or software engineering.
- Proficiency in the use of the English language is required for this position
- Enhanced Reliability Clearance is required for this position.
If interested please contact Kevin Ireland at email@example.com or 613-914-5994