Position: Resource and Planning Manager
Location: Ottawa or Toronto, Ontario Canada
Position Type: Contract – 6 month
Clearance: - Enhanced
The role of the Planning & Intake Integrator is to ensure that a predictive and efficient set of resourcing and planning processes and tools are developed and implemented to support the IT program and project management efforts, including the staffing & resourcing of projects and the monitoring & reporting of key metrics.
Having visibility into the whole portfolio of projects and minor enhancements, the Planning & Intake Integrator plans appropriate staff capacity and capabilities based on operational duties and future project initiatives. This role will contribute to the strategic alignment of projects, while providing visible reporting on project status, portfolio tracking, financial implications, and overall performance.
• Together with the Business Solution Delivery Lead and Business Solution Delivery IT Partners, develop and support a resourcing program
• With the Business Solution Delivery Lead and Business Solution Delivery IT Partners, support the prioritization process for the sub-domains and keep an integrated view of IT priorities and requests up to date (portfolio & backlog management)
• Support the Project Managers and PCOs in developing and maintaining plans (financial, resources, deliverables, etc.) throughout the life of projects and assist with rescheduling, change management, and resource allocation in the project plan
• Be involved in the decision making around the appropriate sourcing strategy for delivery of initiatives
• Support the prioritization and intake planning process for cross domain impacts across the various business solution delivery teams
• Oversee and integrate the sub-domains scorecards and other reporting as needed focusing on quality, KPIs and project or initiative status
• Facilitate people management and resourcing (in collaboration with the Business Solution Delivery Lead and Business Solution Delivery IT Partners)
• Support the management of vendor performance when applicable and work in collaboration with the sourcing and procurement team to support any procurement activities
• Project Management: experienced in managing multiple dependencies between projects; comprehensive knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
• Value Management: can identify the effectiveness and completeness of business and technology strategies and ensure alignment with clients and other applicable cross-organization strategies
• Financial Management: strong understanding of key concepts of financial processes such as budgeting, financial modeling, ROI development etc.
• Quantitative analysis: quantitative/statistical process modelling and simulation techniques and tools to improve quality, client experience, lower costs and cycle time.
• 5+ years’ experience of contributing to the success of a range of mid-to-large size initiatives with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality
• 5+ years’ experience in Project tools, methodologies, program and project management
• 5+ years’ experience managing large, complex investment budgets
Experience setting up a resource and planning program
• Facilitate and encourage collaboration and work as one team
• Encourage agile approaches and ability to iterate to create innovation
• Ability to navigate through uncertainty and lead change within the organization
• University degree or higher in engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent (Asset)
• Certifications: PMP, ITIL foundations, Agile (Asset)
If interested, please contact Kevin Ireland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-914-5994