Project and Test Coordinator
Our Client’s systems engineering team working on a key project has an immediate requirement for a driven individual with a strong technical background and experience in project coordination, software testing and delivery.
The contract is for a period of 6 months with the possibility of extension.
Under the overall direction of the Client Manager, the contractor, working with the other project team members, shall assist the manager with the following tasks:
- Coordination of the agile development process of this project.
- Providing the manager estimates and feedback for project scheduling and quality improvement purposes.
- Raising and triage of defects, and participation in defect management activities.
- Ensuring high quality and accuracy is maintained through to software release.
- Ensuring project activities are conducted in a timely manner and following established processes.
- Drafting and/or validating test plans, test cases, and test scripts as required for operational validation.
- Execution of manual and automated testing.
- Ensuring test plans, cases and scripts are repeatable and reusable.
- Comparing test findings and results to business requirements and methods and procedures.
- Proven hands-on software testing experience of large complex software products and thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes needed for mission critical system testing.
- Experience in software engineering and software development or maintenance for sophisticated application software systems.
- Experience in Team Foundation Server is essential.
- Experience in software integration and software configuration is a definite asset.
- Experience in Agile software development environments is a definite asset.
- Experience in Web Application development and testing would be an asset.
- Experience in using IBM JAZZ toolset would be an asset.
- Knowledge of engineering policies, objectives, procedures, and work instructions relating to ATC Information systems would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Aeronautical Information data structures and formats would be an asset.
- Knowledge of fault tolerant and safe programming practices would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Web Services technologies would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of automated testing technologies would be considered an asset.
Abilities and skills
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a timely fashion.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
Graduation with an acceptable degree from a recognized university or community college with specialization in computer science or software engineering.