Position: Manual Tester
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Position Type: Contract - 6 Months Plus
Since up to 6 automated testers may be required, the DSRA project is looking for a complement of resources with experience ranging from 3 to 8 years of experience in business application and/or software testing
- Takes responsibility for completeness and accuracy of test data entry and record keeping of tests completed.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings for better understanding of business process with EPIC/Sprint, for understanding of development status and issues, to better map user stories to test cases for test coverage.
- Assists with functional and technical design reviews.
- Create test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation.
- Converts requirements, user stories and/or design documents into a set of executable test cases, ensuring compliance with methodology.
- Performs end-to-end functional testing of the business process using available tools and applications, ensures fixes are tested and verified and the implementation components are tested until QA standards are met. Provides technical guidance and assistance to junior members on current practices and available toolkits.
- Drives the quality of features through solid testing methods and improves effectiveness by identifying the right set of test cases to test and potentially automate.
- May assist with initial project setup within provided Test Tools, and the target test environment.
- Performs defect tracking and coordinates QA activities. Analyzes data, recommends improvements and compiles reports based on findings. Recommends adjustments to current testing processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvements.
- Communicates test processes and test plans to appropriate parties. Work closely with different functional groups to resolve issues and ensure thorough testing that meets the scope of the approved test strategy and test approach.
- Participates in product readiness and release decisions and helps with the recommendation for QA sign-off on documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand functional, technical and non-functional requirements.
- Experience in the designing, creating, performing, and documenting of both functional and technical test cases.
- Some limited experience using automated testing tools.
- Agile experience
- Accessibility Testing experience (AXE, NVDA, JAWS or other)
- Good understanding of QA methodology – test plans, test cycles
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and processes
Nice to Have:
- Jira/Zephyr HP ALM/QTP or similar test management tool
- Mendix or PaaS or 4GL experience
If interested please contact Kevin Ireland at email@example.com or 613-914-5994