Position: Software Test Developer
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a software test developer on a 6 month contract with the option for a yearlong extension. The software test developer will support the testing of computer software used to acquire, manage and process data, which is critical data for the Client. The focus will be on developing automated test scripts and capabilities, so a solid software development background is key.
- Work closely with developers working in an Agile software development environment.
- Automate tests using test frameworks such as FitNesse and Cucumber.
- Write and execute moderately complex code/scripts to test systems.
- Create and maintain test harnesses and infrastructure as needed.
- Support software certification activities.
- Where automated testing is not feasible, develop and execute manual test cases.
- Degree or diploma in computer science or a related subject.
- ISTQB certification an asset.
- 3-5 years of experience developing test automation in Python and/or other scripting languages.
- Solid knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and troubleshooting.
- Experience with automated testing tools and frameworks.
- Use of test automation tools (such as IBM Jazz) for managing test artefacts, defect management and software configuration management.
- Effective English language written and verbal communication skills.