Position: Project Manager
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Position Type: Contract 3 – 6 Months (Will go longer and could even go perm.)
Reporting to the VP, Technology & Innovation Adoption, the Project Manager oversees the overall planning, design, execution and implementation of specific short and long-term projects. The Project Manager is highly motivated, professional and possesses extensive technical software skills. This role will require a combination of skills including the ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts.
- Providing advice and guidance on matters relating to project management practices and methodologies
- Understand technical situations, including performance issues, integrations, programming tools and frameworks.
- Communicate with all the project stakeholders to coordinate and distribute information
- Meet the project objectives within quality, time and budget targets and manage the associated risks
- Act as a central point of contact for all Project Leads and Subject Matter Experts.
- Use project scheduling and control tools to manage project plans and report on project hours, budgets and expenditures
- Provide a full range of project management expertise, developing plans and tracking mechanisms to ensure appropriate follow-up and completion of tasks
- Develop and maintain supporting documentation, executive briefings and records of decisions, while ensuring completeness and consistency aligned with our client’s document-management policies
- Organize electronic material in a way that retrieval of items can be shared with others in a timely manner
- Use discretion in the sharing and managing of sensitive material
- Produce deliverables related to project milestones
- Collect, assess and prepare background materials for workshops, meetings and presentations
- Track and coordinate change notices, requests and modifications to project documentation, including, but not limited to, naming conventions, versioning, templates, etc.
- Assist other Project Leads in the drafting and issuance of project deliverables and associated documentation to stakeholders and follow-up for input and feedback
- Maintain collaborative relations with all members of the project teams, including all stakeholders, to support the successful delivery of the project’s objectives
- Minimum experience required: 3-5 years
- Minimum 4 years of recent experience in project management delivering large scale, multi-year projects
- Experience with Infrastructure builds and Stand ups is the main focus for this PM
If interested please contact Kevin Ireland at email@example.com or 613-914-5994