Position: Intermediate Java Developer
Location: Ottawa or Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: Contract
Description: Understands and interprets functional requirements as set forth in the functional design documents. Analyzes technical solutions that will satisfy the functional requirements . Designs, develops and unit tests technical solutions for moderate to complex work objects assigned.
Conducts analysis of application issues and determines root cause, Conducts coding and testing of maintenance fixes and small enhancements. Monitors performance of assigned applications, identifying bottlenecks, and working to remove them. Develops, documents and revises system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards, including working on development projects.
Provides support to test teams during product and UAT testing of the technical solution developed. Prepares and Implements the technical solution to the production environment. Investigates and provides post implementation support of the technical solution implemented.
- Web Programming Experience (JSP, AngularJS, Bootstrap, HTML, & CSS)
- Java development experience 3+ years
- Spring experience
- Maven experience
- Mercurial/Git experience
- Basic understanding of Windows Administration, Access permissions, shares and file servers
- Detail oriented, able to trace processes and troubleshoot documented processes
- Strong communication skills
- Database skills
Nice to Have:
- Good understanding of Apache Tomcat
- Experience with incident / change management tools
- Good understanding of Networking (TCP/IP, VLAN)
- IBM Websphere MQ
- IBM Datastage Transformation Extender
- Command, powershell or bash scripting
- Understanding of Jira, Bitbucket & Confluence