Position: Project Control Officer
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: Contract
Our Client is looking for someone to provide support to the Project Management Office in the operational support of project management and agile coaching to projects throughout the organization a 6 month contract.
- Working with PMO members in the planning and set-up of activities for such items as Communities of Practices, Orientation for new PMs, monitoring and reporting on methodology use and compliance, tracking and reporting on requests for help and ensuring those requests are assigned and fulfilled if not acting as a front-line support for project managers and agile coaches when possible.
- Support the design and drive the implementation of the overall philosophy, strategy, tools and processes for wide spread adoption of the PMO methodologies and principles
- Support the PMO in encouraging and implementing agile approaches for projects in their work to do planning, reporting and tracking of project scope, schedule and costs according to the delivery methodologies set up within the organization.
- Works with the PMO team to ensure compliance to processes and guidelines used by projects in the delivery of their value to the end business partners.
- Supports the PMO team in managing the control and tracking of PMO related activities, including issues, dependencies, and impediments.
- Support the PMO in the tactical application of tools and reports (now PPS tool future in PPM tool)
- Assist the PMO team with adherence to the PM processes, tools and methodologies designed by the PPM team
- Assists with financial entry and tracking of procurement requests and where necessary, time entry and vendor invoice reconciliation processes and provides Changepoint administration: project set-up, billing rates, materials/products matching.
- Acts as focal point for the project team for the co-ordination of facilities, technical support and other engagement site requirements
• Post-secondary diploma or higher in Business, Technology or related field (required)
• PMP (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), Agile (Asset)
• Greater than 5 years of Project Control Officer experience (Asset).
• Experience of contributing to the success of a range of initiatives with some levels of complexity
and business criticality
• Experience in a project environment
• Communication skills to ensure standards and guidelines are articulated clearly and accurately
to multiple audiences.
• Good intrapersonal skills to provide support to a diverse project management and support staff.
• Facilitate and encourage collaboration and work as one team
• Ability to navigate through uncertainty and support change within the organization.
• Willingness to learn and grow as the organization changes.