Position: ETL Architect
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Position Type: Contract - 10 Months
We are looking for an ETL Architect
- Develop and test ETL processes to interface data from multiple internal and external systems.
- Develop ETL jobs that satisfy identified data model and business requirements.
- Translate complex business requirements into technical solutions.
- Perform data analysis and data modelling to create functional design documents and source to target mappings.
- Load target data bases using complex transformations that come from many systems.
- Monitor loads and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Meet with ETL Design and Project Leads to understand business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Participate in the design sessions.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new functionality, and enhancements.
- Develop test scenarios and perform in-depth unit tests, including end-user reviews.
- Define ETL job sequence and dependencies including error logging and restart processes as well as develop ETL run book.
- Understand and develop ETL processes based on BRD (Business Requirements Document)
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience required.
- 3+ year experience in IBM infosphere tool suite (DataStage & QualityStage).
- 3+ year development with database technologies.
- 1+ year experience with data warehousing methodologies.
- 1+ year experience in PL/SQL development.
Nice to Have:
- Teradata and InfoSphere suite (DataStage / QualityStage / FastTrack / IDA in particular)
If interested, please contact Kevin Ireland at email@example.com or 613-914-5994