Position: SQL Server Data Specialist
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: Permanent
The Finance and Administration division of our Client is seeking to fill the position of Data Specialist, reporting to the Director, Business Solutions. If you have experience and knowledge in the following areas, we’d like to hear from you!
- Development and application of standardization methods.
- Leading the development of data products including dashboards and visualizations, ETL, database and API design.
- Data architecture, continuous development, operation, and maintenance of data services and analytic tools.
- Development and application of standardization methods to integrate data from numerous sources.
- The Data Specialist is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of data solutions.
- This position will ensure that information from diverse sources can be integrated and made corporately available, enabling the Client with the appropriate tools and processes to perform complex data analysis, visualizations and reporting.
- Responsible for the overall data architecture, continuous development, operation, and maintenance of data services and analytic tools.
- Acquires stakeholder requirements and envisions optimal data solutions that encourage long-term compatibility, scalability and maintainability.
- Leads the development of data products including dashboards and visualizations, ETL, database and API design.
- Develops and applies standardization methods to integrate data from numerous sources into corporate data systems, ensuring data integrity and interoperability with existing corporate applications and business intelligence (BI) solutions.
- Applies data science techniques for regression and clustering.
- Coordinates and works with other members of Technical Services to plan, implements and maintains data architectures and infrastructures.
- Manages the BI dependency plan, job scheduling and product release-cycle.
- Monitors performance and business use of data systems to identify areas of opportunities for optimization and enhancements.
- Monitors industry trends, identifying and evaluating emerging data technologies, services, standards and strategies that should be adopted.
- Promotes the benefit of standardized BI tools and methodologies across the organization.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or engineering or related field and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of advanced-experience in implementations using the SQL Server Microsoft Data Platform.
- Experience exposing data through REST APIs using technologies like MS Entity Framework.
- Familiarity with data science/machine learning techniques for statistical analysis including regression and clustering using statistical modeling languages like R, STATA, or Python.
- Working knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML) and related scripting languages; XPath and Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSLT).
- Planning and implementation of data infrastructures, including operational data stores and data warehouses.
- Expertise in using a variety of technologies to deliver end-to-end solutions, including reports, dashboards and analytic data models (multi-dimensional and tabular).
- Strong understanding of relational and dimensional data models and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) concepts, designs, and practices.
- Best practices and design patterns for data optimization methods such as de-normalization, indexing, and query execution plan analysis.
- Level II, Secret
- English Essential, French is considered an asset