Position: Cloud Tools Developer
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: permanent
The Productivity Engineering team is responsible for implementing, running & supporting world class Platform services to better enable the employee experience and manage service delivery. The Productivity Engineering team must create and manage innovative solutions to complex business problems. Availability, Reliability, Performance and User Experience are all key differentiators in delivering services to internal and external customers from their hybrid-cloud environment.
- Deliver scalable and robust solutions to diverse business problems
- Design and develop based on requirements from IT & Engineering teams and how they translate to automation features.
- Design, Develop & Architect Integration Platforms and Self-Service Platforms.
- Build services and micro-services that solve impactful crisis management problems.
- Create, manage & maintain source code for Productivity platform applications and services
- Create and deliver prototypes based on business requirements in a lean startup methodology
- Work in an agile CI/CD environment to deliver rapid iterations at a sustained velocity.
- Solve manual issues through automation and self-service
- Perform unit and integration testing before production release of tools & automation
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Support delivery and maintenance of productivity platforms and tools
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or combination of education and relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Software Development in an Agile environment
- Ability to work well with diverse and cross geo technical & process teams.
- Must have a stable work background with design, development & integration experience on cloud platforms (i.e. AWS, Azure) in a continuous delivery environment.
- Drive to ensure user experience and strong customer-centric point-of-view.
- Ability to learn new languages, systems, and frameworks quickly.
- Experience in Developer Process Automation (CI/CD & Code Management) like tuning and utilizing tools, such as, Jenkins, GitHub, Docker etc.
- Experience in Integration tools and technologies like Snaplogic, Active MQ, Rest API, Gem Cache, Twilio (for telephony-based collaboration) is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Site Reliability Engineers, Developers and Program Managers.
- ServiceNow experience
- Adobe Experience Manager