Position: Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: Contract
Currently seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to help architect and drive the team to the cloud. Internally our Client has identified several projects from basic Hybrid IT governance to Analytic workloads to be delivered within Azure and AWS. They are looking for an individual that can not only help architect needs in the cloud securely but also delivery these results in the cloud. The successful individual will be responsible to ensure our Client is following best practices within the cloud and coach internal staff on the culture shift needed and deliver on business outcomes.
- Establishing base level cloud services (networking, DDID, Logging, Monitoring)
- Add Self-Service
- Establishing continuous pipelines for IAAS and PAAS workloads.
- Establishing needed Cloud governance (guardrails).
- Enable the technical group to be a multi-cloud service provider within the Client’s IT.
- Establishing Advance Analytics workloads in the cloud by enabling Hadoop and related technologies.
- Migrate on-perm workloads to cloud example would be some HPC applications.
- Detailed design and deployment of cloud services blueprints and associated delivery pipelines with a security focus.
- Design and Implement automated delivery pipelines for the cloud services.
- On boarding and administer new cloud services public cloud like Azure and AWS.
- Managing and automating cloud services life cycle aspects and processes (monitoring, patching, events notifications, configurations remediation, HA/DR requirements).
- Identify and document information security risks and propose mitigating controls.
- Development and documentation of Operational procedures for service Operations teams.
- Collaborate with enterprise and regional architecture teams on architecture strategy, roadmaps, standards, and governance.
- Ensure Agile and Lean best practices are applied to the delivery and security architecture standards are followed.
- Help foster a culture within the team to be part of a scrum, build product owner capabilities, Product backlogs. Ensure team is following daily scrums, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Coach team of highly talented individuals in the cloud capabilities, processes and cloud best practices.
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications, awareness of main public cloud offerings (Azure and AWS)
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines (using Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins)
- Understanding of networking, DNS, VPN, VNET and NSG
- Experience with coding Restful APIs and using configuration management tools
- Implemented Infrastructure as a Code delivery pipelines
- Knowledge of Python, PowerShell, YAML, bash
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and multi-tasking
- Strong interpersonal, technical leadership and influencing skills are essential
- Demonstrates understanding to meeting and deliver on customers’ expectations and continually seeking feedback.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, management information systems or a related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years’ technical expertise, 3 to 5 year of hands-on work experience in architecting Azure and AWS solutions.
- 3+ years of building and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Current Certified Cloud Security Professional CCSP or other related security certifications.
- Current has one of the following certifications: Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional and AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional certifications
- Azure Solution Architect
- Certified Cloud Security Professional