• Assists with functional and technical test case and script design reviews. Creates automated test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation.
• Converts requirements and design documents or existing manual test scripts into a set of automated test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology.
• Performs end-to-end integrated automation testing of key business processes using available tools and applications, ensures fixes are tested and verified until requirements are met.
• Drives the efficient quality of applications through solid testing methods and improves effectiveness by identifying the right set of test cases and scenarios to automate and execute.
• Performs defect tracking and coordinates test automation related activities. Analyzes data, recommends improvements and compiles reports based on findings.
• Recommends adjustments to current test automation processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvements.
• Communicates test automation processes and associated test plans to appropriate parties.
• Works closely with different functional and technical groups to resolve issues, and ensure thorough automated testing that meets the scope of the approved test strategy and test automation approach.
• Participates in product readiness and release decisions and provides test sign-off documentation.
• 1-3 years of delivering test automation in Agile software development projects (either regression or in-sprint) including integration of automation with DevOps (CI process).
• Minimum 2 years of hands on experience any 3 of the following required:
o SuperTest, Mocha, Jasmin – test automation framework
o SoapUI / LoadUI
o Karate web service automation framework
• Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration, including one or more of the following build/deploy/version control tools:
o Git, Bitbucket (working with branches, merging and performing pull requests)
Professional Skills Requirements:
• Proven success in contributing to Agile software development teams and delivery test automation in-sprint
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Flexibility & Adaptability
Nice to Have:
Familiarity with the following technologies/cloud environments/design patterns/test types:
• Apache Kafka
• Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes
• Microsoft Azure
• Actor model
• Apache Cassandra
• Jenkins CI
• Load/performance tools such as Jmeter, LoadUI, Gatling, Grinder, LoadRunner
• Service virtualization experience