Position: Automation Tester
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Position Type: Contract 6 Months plus
Since up to 6 automated testers may be required, the DSRA project is looking for a complement of resources with experience ranging from 3 to 8 years of experience in automated business application and/or software testing.
- Participates in daily stand-up meetings (Agile) for better understanding of business process within each Sprint, understanding of Epic and User stories, development status and issues, so to be able to map user stories to automated test cases.
- Takes responsibility for completeness and accuracy of automation test data entry and record keeping of tests completed.
- Assists with functional and technical test case and script design reviews.
- Converts requirements, user stories and/or design documents or existing manual test scripts into a set of automated test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology.
- Creates automated test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation.
- Performs component (system) automation, integration (API) automation and end-to-end integrated automation testing of key business processes using available tools and applications.
- Ensures fixes are fully tested and verified until requirements are met.
- Drives the efficient quality of applications through solid testing methods and improves effectiveness by identifying the right set of test cases and scenarios to automate and execute.
- May assist with project setup within Mendix and Selenium for automation and Zephyr (or equivalent tool) as well as the target test environment. Performs defect tracking and coordinates test automation related activities.
- Analyzes data, recommends improvements and compiles reports based on findings.
- Recommends adjustments to current test automation processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvements.
- Communicates test automation processes and associated test plans to appropriate parties.
- Works closely with different functional and technical groups to resolve issues and ensure thorough automated testing that meets the scope of the approved test strategy and test automation approach.
- Participates in product readiness and release decisions and provides recommendation on test sign-off documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand functional, technical and non-functional requirements.
- Experience designing, creating, executing, and troubleshooting both application specific, and integrated end-to-end automated test cases, scripts, and scenarios.
- Agile Experience
- Good understanding of QA methodology – test plans, test cycles
- Accessibility Testing (AXE, NVDA, JAWS or other)
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and processes around Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous TestingSelenium, SOAPUI or similar web and API test frameworks experience
Nice to Have:
- Mendix(ATS/APM/AQM) or PaaS or 4GL experience
- Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes
- Mendix or PaaS or 4GL experience
- TeamCity, Jenkins, Git, Eclipse, Maven, IntelliJ, SonarQube, etc.
- Mobile testing and load/performance tools such as Jmeter, LoadUI
- Continuous testing within CI/ CD construct
- Service virtualization experience
If interested please contact Kevin Ireland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-914-5994