Title: Contract Associate Manager
Contract Length: 6-month contract
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Our Client is looking for someone on a 6-month contract to provide contract execution and administrative support to Contract Management personnel. You will need:
- Comprehensive knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, subcontracting practices, and accounting and finance principles.
- Manage the contract day-to-day by advising on the strategic direction, contract interpretation and consequences of action / inaction.
- Track deliverables, provide documentation control and perform other duties as required.
- Contract management professionals review, draft and negotiate complex client, procurement, alliance, joint venture, mergers and acquisitions, licensing and other contracts within a corporate environment.
- Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution
- Reviews and manages contractual obligations of the parties and provides continual review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met
- Prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc.
- Responsible for consultation and escalation to a senior director, of contractual, business or CM positioning issues which are not solved satisfactorily by the project team in a timely manner
- Responsible for implementation of CM processes
- Manages daily workload of assigned Contract Management personnel and project or business personnel assisting with the contract management function
- Acts as the primary contact between the project team and/or business unit and Legal, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly
- Acts as liaison between our Client and other clients/vendors
- Responsible for assigned Contract Management, project or business personnel adhering to company policies and procedures
- Responsible for informing the project team of the requirements of the contract and monitoring compliance
- Develops and integrates contract management tools, templates, methods and processes for the engagement
- Achieves a reasonable level of understanding of major business areas (System Integration and/or Outsourcing) in order to communicate effectively with project Senior Executives and provide relevant advice.
- May provide training to Contract Management personnel
- Minimum 4 years' experience. Experience in writing or reviewing SOW scope and deliverables (not only legal language, but the scope portion).
- Experience with tracking of SOWs (for example, spreadsheets and keeping track of a process, and ability to connect between SOWs and status).
- Bachelor's degree and/or advanced degree
- Detail-oriented, organized, flexible
- Able to set priorities and juggle multiple demands
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understands basic contracting principles
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian