Title: UC Solutions Architect
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Kanata, Ontario or Raleigh, North Carolina
As the Senior UC Solution Architect, you will be responsible for defining and implementing our end to end UC solution and the primary interface between customer portal teams and the Application Server development team. Responsibilities will include defining call flows, refining technical requirements and leading integration activities. You will be the lynchpin between all the development teams including SV ensuring that we have a clearly defined technical solution which meets business needs, working with the development scrum teams to ensure they understand what they need to build and leading the integration efforts, ensuring efforts are coordinated, architecture is followed and gaps properly investigated and resolved. You will be the expert who can understand our back-end capabilities including those of leading 3rd party solutions that we integrate with.
- The primary interface and liaison between UCaaS/CPaaS customer portal R&D teams and the application server development team
- Leading the solution architecture and engineering limits are tested and documented
- Translation of Business Requirements into Technical requirements and that these are properly mapped into our Agile development process.
- Documentation of Solution descriptions, including solution architecture, call flows and APIs.
- Building knowledge and expertise in key products that are part of the UC portfolio
- Reviewing and providing input to test strategies to ensure we have properly tested solution covering original business requirements.
- Leading integration activities, coordinating the technical primes, expediting trouble shooting and tracking progress to completion.
- Working closely with our Product Management and our KBS architects to map out the evolution of our UC offering, to facilitate a scaleable and robust solution for UCaaS and CPaaS offerings.
- Minimum of 10 years building, deploying and integrating complex UC solutions.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and leadership skills, with the ability to work with remote teams across many time zones and cultures.
- Experience in driving application architectures, call flows and defining technical requirements for developers.
- Practical experience in SIP, XMPP, JTAPI/CTI as well as development of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with application servers, media servers, session boarder controller, voicemail platforms, reverse proxies is highly beneficial but not mandatory.
- Experience with webRTC technology, including websockets, TURN/STUN/ICE is highly beneficial but not mandatory.
- Experience in Agile scrum, including continuous integration, full automation.
- Demonstrated success in continuous learning, adapting and growing.