Title: Automation Test Engineer
We are looking for an Automation & Test Engineer for an exceptional opportunity to join in establishing and growing a new services practice within a technology leader. You will create and utilize software tools that enable a best in class practice to automate the testing and deployment of virtualized enterprise edge solutions with excellent customer experience. Your work will enable the team to effectively and efficiently validate the performance of the solutions and get them operationalized for our customers. You will bring technical depth and collaboration skills.
- Develop test management capabilities to validate VNF and Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI) performance and interoperability. Deliverables to include appropriate portals, dashboards, and data repositories.
- Utilize your developments to test enterprise VNF’s including validation of the VNF and NFVI interoperability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the automation systems.
- Create scripts and other craft tools to deploy and validate the network, compute, storage, orchestration, and applications elements of the virtualized edge solutions.
- Create documentation and knowledge sharing content/competency development for colleagues and partners.
- Support customer engagements including technical sessions and presentation of data.
Experience and Personal Skills
- 5+ years of experience with automation software development and network function testing in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field.
- 3+ years of cloud deployment and enterprise VNF testing experience is preferred.
- Technical knowledge and experience in cloud computing and network function virtualization: orchestration (MANO), Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise VNF.
- Rest API, automation, and scripting skills including: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Java and Python.
- Experience with enterprise VNF’s such as firewall, SBC, router, load-balancer, and SD-WAN.
- Familiarization with hypervisor technologies and software for building and managing virtualized services: OpenStack, VMWare, Linux, RedHat, and public clouds.
- Network testing methodologies and test case creation experience. Network test set usage and automation: Ixia or Spirent.
- VNF and NFVi tools and standards knowledge: ONAP, OPNFV, ETSI NFV ISG, ONF.
- Understanding or ethernet and IP networks: network design, routing protocols, L2/L3, MEF, and network security.
- Network Service Design understanding: Network Service Descriptors (NSD) and Virtual Network Function Descriptors (VNFD). Day 0, Day 1, and Day N requirements.
- Experience with cloud deployments and migrations.
- Knowledge of data analytics.
- Knowledge of DevOps as implemented in the Gitlab platform including Docker or Kubernetes image building and usage for automation testing.
- Strong version control skills in GitHub, bitbucket or Gitlab, including experience with merge requests and branch management.
- Excellent written, verbal, and data presentation communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent experience.
- The ability to travel occasionally to support projects or customer engagements.
If interested, please contact Vanessa Martone at firstname.lastname@example.org